We Help You Pass
Our free online study guide really works. You can study for your FAA private pilot ground school exam right now. For more info about the 4VFR.COM project, click here. You can find a daily update log here.
Live ATC Audio Streams
Tune into live air traffic control frequencies from North America. This feature requires Real player. Start listening to ATC now!
Our glossary lists and databases have grown quickly. I am working to create an on-line reference library to tie together all the loose ends. You can check out what is currently available in the library
FAA Practice Exam - New!
Introducing our newly enhanced practice exam. Now with figures!. Take a test a day for a week, and I guarantee you will do better on your exam. Get Started Now!
Show your support for 4VFR.COM - Link us. Bookmark us. Tell your mother about us. Press CTRL-D to bookmark this site now!. Check out one of our proposed T-Shirt Designs.
Feature Article: Where Accidents Happen
- Only 8% of midairs are from head-on. 42% are between airplanes
flying in the same direction.
- Pilots, as a group, are getting older.
- Highest accident rate is in personal/pleasure flying
- Second highest area of accidents is instructional flying.
306 accidents, 31 fatal, 53 fatalities. (year?) Most occurred
during student solo.
- 65% during landing phase.
- 1/3 accidents in landing.
- 1 in 5 accidents during takeoff.
- 45% of all accidents occur during takeoff and landing
- Instructional accidents occur at a rate of 6.5 per 100,000
hours of instruction. This is half the personal rate.
- 70% of the instructional accidents occur during the takeoff
Last Modified January 16, ©2017 TAGE.COM