We Help You Pass
Our free online study guide really works. You can study for your FAA private pilot ground school exam right now. For more info about the 4VFR.COM project, click here. You can find a daily update log here.
Live ATC Audio Streams
Tune into live air traffic control frequencies from North America. This feature requires Real player. Start listening to ATC now!
Our glossary lists and databases have grown quickly. I am working to create an on-line reference library to tie together all the loose ends. You can check out what is currently available in the library
FAA Practice Exam - New!
Introducing our newly enhanced practice exam. Now with figures!. Take a test a day for a week, and I guarantee you will do better on your exam. Get Started Now!
Show your support for 4VFR.COM - Link us. Bookmark us. Tell your mother about us. Press CTRL-D to bookmark this site now!. Check out one of our proposed T-Shirt Designs.
Feature Article: General Aviation Accidents
1.51% of pilots were between 40-49
2. 71% were private pilots
3. 52% had below 500 hours
4. 46% had less than 100 hrs in type
5. 77% were not IFR rated
6. 57% less than 20 hrs IFR instruction
7. 55% got weather briefing
8. 80% not on flight plan
9. 83% were single engine
10. 62% owned airplane
11. 75% flying for personal reasons
12. 62% in cruise phase of flight
13. 61% crashed in fog
14. 75% were killed
15. 72% of aircraft were IFR equipped
16. 97% of accidents were pilot error
17. 42% of accidents were caused by misuse of weather data
18. 40% of pilots had no weather briefing
19. 30% of accidents caused by pilots mishandling aircraft
20. 14% of accidents related to poor judgment, planning or decision-making
21. 35% of VFR into IFR occur at night
22. 11% of people in VFR to IFR conditions survive accident
23. 50% of fatal accidents were by pilots who had over 500 hours.
24. 80% are caused by pilot error:
25. 20% of the 80% are caused by low level flight (16%)
26. 20% of the 80% are caused by flight into weather (16%)
27. 20% of the 80% happen in airport vicinity (5 miles 3000')(16%)
Last Modified August 24, ©2019 TAGE.COM